Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Berry Raw Cake ;)

For the finale of an Indian Feast I did a few nights ago, I made this raw cake, in honour of birthday girl, and dear friend,  Kat Witgruber.

What you ought to know about Kat, is that she's just as adventurous in the kitchen, though her passion & specialty lies in baking- hence there was just no way I was baking anything - nothing compares to Kat's baked goods!! 

As for this cake, I kid you not, it is so very very simple. 

The ingredients are simple, and it doesn't take so long to prepare. I'm all about simplicity these days, without compromising on taste. 


I got the idea for this from this recipe, by someone I can only find as 'Megadaisy1's- thank you whoever you are!
I adapted it by substituting almonds for the macadamia nuts, and maple syrup instead of dates in the crust.     There's a fair bit of room to play, so go for it, do your own thing, using the following as a rough guideline. 


CRUST (& Topping)
2 cups Almonds 
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut 
1/4 cup Maple syrup 
Pinch of salt 

FILLING:
2x Avocado 
4x Banana (very ripe) 
Cacao powder

TOPPING:
Your choice of fruits & remainder of crust ingredients (if you wish). 

Put all the crust ingredients into a food processor, and blend to from a coarse mixture. 

Blend avocados, bananas and cacao powder. Fill in the crust. 

Add berries and voila- all done!

It did turn out to be quite a hit. So much so, that it's fast becoming part of my Indian Feast repertoire. 🌞 

Let me know if you try it, and in the mean time, I'm heading back into the kitchen to prep for tomorrow's lunch time feast, with a few angels. ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment