Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sprouting - the Easiest thing ever, and so good for you on so many levels!

I love Sprouting-it's a beautiful thing to take a bunch of  seeds, legumes, or grains, water them and give them lots of love (yes, I talk to mine :D), and watch them grow! For me, it's as miraculous as our existence, hence the act of sprouting is rather a sacred thing for me.

Sacred or not, so very easy to do. All you really need is patience, as they do take time to grow, but not as much as you may think.

As usual, pics for now, details later. Head on over to Instagram to get more of a peek at all things I love. :)


Masoor lentils 
Artsy Fartsy Masoor Lentils :) 


Wheatberrries, which were just beginning to sprout, so I started the drying
process (very slowly in oven, to eventually make my own whole wheat flour.












































Brown rice sprouts which I used for sooooo many things!
Sprouted Rukola/Rocket 





A close up on Rukola
Another one of my favourite pictures, (and the very first thing I sprouted): Three little bean sprouts. Yurai said he saw lots of hearts when first seeing this
picture. I saw "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon." Don't ask ;) 

From little sprouts, to full blown plants, pictured alongside
chia and alfalfa sprouts.


Speaking of alfalfa, I am slightly biased towards these goodies than anything else, just slightly though :)  

The beautiful alfalfa spouts




Sprouted Chia Seeds 



A Close up on Chia 






A salad of onions and pease, with alfalfa sprouts and parsley
dijon mustard, yoghurt & pickles :) 
I made a lovely egg salad, and used the same them with the salad here, minus the eggs. I love to surprise my husband with weird but delicious.



















No comments:

Post a Comment